Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas...

...Colin's Mom & Dad! Your son must love you a lot, for he has traded his time and considerable skills for my time and skills as a painter to paint your saw.


The process won't be quick, so please be patient, but you can follow the making of your painting on this blog!


Here I'm giving it a light sand by hand to add a little tooth back in after going over it with an orbital sander and using solution to remove as much rust as possible.


Then I roll out oil ground paying close attention to cover all the edges. This will dry in a few days, then I'll flip it and do the other side, completely sealing it in the repetition of this month long process.


But tonight I get to smile at the blank surface of this uniquely shaped painting, imagining all the things it may be, and I hope you share my excitement for this unique gift!

- jb boyd

1 comment:

  1. Very cool canvas to paint on! Excited to see what becomes of it.

    ReplyDelete