Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

I so glad you chose a late but original present over on time and generic, because this flower will never go bad. Here is the reference photo taped over the panel.


With charcoal spread over the back of the photo, I've traced the needed shapes. A simple line drawing is the result.


To build values of light and dark, I use burnt sienna and burnt umber which will do the trick and dry quickly.


I used a little bit of yellow too, forgetting that it does not dry quickly, and have been waiting a week for it to dry. Errr.


I was hoping to have it finished and photographed for you today, but instead check back in to the blog to see it grow, knowing the entire time that I love you and thank you, for everything you have helped me to be!

- jb

No comments:

Post a Comment