Saturday, December 3, 2011

Is It Still Spring Cleaning...

...if it happens between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Either way, it is one of those rare times my studio walls are empty of any project(s), so out comes the house paint and spackle to hide the holes, paint spatters, crushed bugs, and smudges from my dirty feet on the walls that accumulate from painting to painting.


I have a bunch of long neglected small paintings and unfinished studies to work on the small wall, but I'm wondering what big project should go on the big wall.


And I'm loving having now clean brushes. These are the work horses of my arsenal. But I am most excited about a spray paint face lift for my mixing tables.


The grey now under the glass creates a neutral tone to judge mixed paints against. Hopefully this will eliminate the surprises when it looks great on the palette but is way off on the painting.

- jb boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment