Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Whenever Asked...

...the rather mundane question of, "What is your dream ride?" my answer is "A 4WD cherry picker that gets 30mpg." Needless to say, the conversation quickly moves on from me, and I don't bother to check the trades to see if Detroit is unveiling one anytime soon. But seeing that my aging champ of a Subaru fits a ladder, I make due.


The added height builds in foreground perspective, and the ladder fits nicely on the roof. Except a few odd looks from passing cars, and being nervous on the windier days, it works well. But a cherry picker would be better. I wouldn't have to worry about finding a curve to drop the road from the photo.


PS. Turns out I have been without electrical outlets and a reliable Internet connection for a bit too long. Oh, and I also had a blast of time in Boulder. So please don't think I have the luxury of the longest road trip of all time. I am back in Charleston, but behind on my postings...


-jb.

No comments:

Post a Comment