Friday, August 27, 2010

What A Day!

What a place! Back on roads I know by heart, driving through the scenery of my subconscious, looking at mountains that feel like they are cut out of paper, and today it was my current playground. After a magical kayak ride with my nieces and sister (google Oxbow and Ansel Adams), I headed back to Rockefeller Gateway like a magnet drawn to a block of steel. Before I really realized where I was going, I was wading across a creek and heading to Huckleberry Springs. If I had to make a list, it would be one of my five favorite places I have ever been a part of. Water is heated by geothermals and forms pools in the elbow of a river. The log in the center of the photo is far edge of nature's hot tub. (FYI: click on the image for a better view)


In my memory, this was a full moon wintertime treat. But the curves of the creek are the same in the setting sun or moonlight, grass or under feet of snow, and I soaked in every moment. Then on the ride home I was greeted by another friend, the full moon. Rigging up an impromptu tripod with a ladder and a box of brake pads, I laughed at myself as I shivered in forty five degree weather between the long exposure shutter clicks. Some things change, but beauty doesn't.



-jb.

No comments:

Post a Comment