Monday, November 18, 2013

Sometimes Paintings...

...fall between the cracks, so to say. 
In this case, a painting that I could not finish in time for my last solo show got hidden in storage. 
 But having some time this summer, I decided to complete it.
The first layer was, as usual, about finding the shapes and getting color in the ballpark.
Then I sand the entire surface, and begin painting with attention to the details while adjusting the color to true hues.
Here, the sky is finished, while you can see the marks left by sanding.
Here I am working on pulling the highlights from the muddy color to true reflected shapes of sky an clouds.
Now you can see the sky in the water.
The shapes become easier in the still water before the wave.
And once done, it goes in the frame.
Completed, ul 26 (lilac wine)!

No comments:

Post a Comment