Saturday, October 27, 2012

Usually When I Fall Off A Ladder...

...some variant of "Man, that was stupid!" runs through my head. But this time it was "Hmmm, that is kind of a pretty view!" And in need of a subject for a series of studies to work out the different qualities of light in a day, I was sold on the subject.


The next day (because at this point I was covered head to toe in mud, shivering, and my shooting time was therefore over) I went out to catch the sunset.


Dirty work, shooting from a low angle perspective (also known as "worm's eye view") but the view is unique.


It is also a bit stressful, as the high tide shots required the camera to be just inches above several inches of camera killing water.


But I did what I do whenever I am in this type of situation, and reminded myself that my camera is worth about the same as my car, that I am therefore holding my car in my hands, so do not choose this moment to be a klutz. Even though being a klutz got me here, by falling off a ladder!

-jb.

No comments:

Post a Comment