Sunday, October 28, 2012

Because I Wanted To Try Painting Stars...

...I started with the night series at high tide first.


The image transfer just left a jumble of charcoal lines, and although I usually only use one layer for studies, here I made an exception and threw in burnt sienna and umber for anything not sky or water.


Then the sky went in, and to my surprise it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be paint a star, then color in the sky around it, leaving it to look like it is shining through the sky.


I did the same for the reflected stars in the water.


Finally, after waiting a couple of weeks for the moon to return, I spent a couple of nights taking notes on the the color of grass under the moonlight, and completed the marsh grass in two sittings.


-jb.

No comments:

Post a Comment