Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sadly The Digital World...

...is not kind to the reproduction of my art. Then add on the limitations of the 72dpi, 16 color world of the Internet, with pictures taken on my aged iPhone and you get where I'm headed.


But I took this completion series of photos for the blog, so why not share them?


And you will just have to trust me that the colors got cleaner, the transitions are silky smoother, and something in fact was going on in this final layer.


In case you didn't see me working on this (us 20 (grace)) in the gallery during my solo show, it is a 24" tall by 50" wide oval painting on panel.


Special thanks go to Matt and Colin of Handcrafted Construction LLC, who made both the panel and ovular floater frame (no easy trick).


Their work always exceeds my expectations, and thrills me to stay out of the workshop and in the studio instead. Thank You Thank You gents!


-jb boyd

No comments:

Post a Comment