Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Small Changes

I have always believed that it is the little things that define and separate my work. In this case, I thought I had the right colors mixed to complete this little piece of sky. But, after an hour or two of carefully laying down this gradient, I realized that the top color I started with was just too blue.


The nice thing about working on panel is that you can erase any wet paint with a razor and a rag. So with a couple of flocks of my wrist I erased a mistake hours in the making, and restarted the sky, a few hues lighter.


But don't try and adjust your screen; I can barely see the difference either, but trust me, it is there. At this point, here are the three in this series waiting for a foreground to be complete.


-jb.

No comments:

Post a Comment